Fiber Innovation Technology, Inc. (FIT)
Seeks Qualified Candidates for Sales Engineer Position
Fiber Innovation Technology, Inc. (FIT) is designed, built and operated to produce specialty synthetic fibers for demanding applications in nonwovens and textiles. Since 1995 our state-of-the-art facility has been located in beautiful northeast Tennessee in Johnson City. FIT includes a highly versatile world-scale production line as well as a semi-works facility for product development. FIT is currently accepting resumes for the role of Sales Engineer.
We are searching for a Sales Engineer that has a strong technical and customer service background in textiles. The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree in a closely related field, and a minimum of 3 years (post college) experience in textiles – fiber and nonwovens. Specific educational focus and working knowledge of melt-spun synthetic fiber engineering and manufacturing principles related to the manufacture of specialty synthetic staple and filament products using proprietary processes is highly desired. This position will require a hands-on approach.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn, and to utilize and further grow your skills, while becoming an integral part of the business. As a liaison between customers, research and development and the manufacturing plant, the Sales Engineer will develop and commercialize products to help grow the business and satisfy customer’s needs. We desire a person that is enthusiastic, technically minded, and customer centric, and who knows how to communicate core competencies and capabilities to customers to fill this position. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, prioritizing and commercializing new business opportunities while working alongside Sales, R&D and Operations. This includes new applications at new and existing customers as well new and adjacent markets. The Sales Engineer will determine the Value Proposition for the application/market, understand the Competitive Marketplace, develop a comprehensive Sales Strategy and lead the Business Development Team to success.
- Bachelor’s degree in closely related field
- 3-5 years (post college) technical/commercial experience in Nonwovens, Wovens, Textiles or similar industry with adequate working knowledge of various product attributes and process capabilities – must possess a strong technical acumen
- Customer Service and Sales/Applications experience with a technical product/value driven sales process highly desired
- High level of interpersonal, verbal, persuasion, presentation, and relationship/team building skills to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Capable of managing multiple priorities, work in a team environment and effectively use resources to accomplish work and meet necessary business deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance
- Ability to plan, and organize work and activities of self while keeping other team members on task to meet deadlines/goals
- Proficient MS Office product user and Microsoft Navision ERP experience is desired
FIT offers a highly competitive benefit package that may include commission-based compensation, Paid Time Off (PTO), health, dental, vision, disability and retirement plan benefits.
All candidates applying for any position with FIT must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America without the need for sponsorship now or in the future. FIT is unable to provide employment-related sponsorship at this time.
FIT is an E-Verify, Drug Free Tennessee participant and an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Resumes, must include salary expectations and may be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to:
Fiber Innovation Technologies
398 Innovation Drive, Johnson City, TN 37604
NO LATER THAN Monday, March 16, 2020