Product and Sales Manager
Fiber Innovation Technology, Inc. is designed, built and operated to produce specialty synthetic fibers for demanding applications in nonwovens and textiles. Our state-of-the-art facility in Johnson City, Tennessee, includes a highly versatile world-scale production line as well as a semi-works facility for product development. FIT is currently accepting resumes for the role of Product and Sales Manager.
Under the direction of the GM/President, the Product and Sales Manager performs assignments requiring advanced knowledge of melt-spun synthetic fiber engineering and manufacturing principles related to the manufacture of specialty synthetic staple and filament products using proprietary processes. In addition, 50% of time will be spent developing profitable sales in the Fiber and Yarn area in line with the strategy, policies and objectives of the business.
In conjunction with the GM/President, this position will:
- Responsible for developing a proactive market approach to implement the Company’s sales strategy and develop new accounts
- Responsible for working with customer to understand products and processes in order to provide the best product /technology solution
- Act to communicate customer needs on new opportunities
- Responsible for providing technical support to customers throughout the whole process
- Develop the Sales forecast & budget with GM/President and report on progress against budget
- Translate Sales forecasts and needs to production plan and raw material purchase requirements
- Responsible for level of inventory of raw materials and stock in line with forecast
- Responsible for reviewing profitability of all sales areas and reporting back to GM/President
- Responsible for reclaiming all sales accounts receivables under their control
- Establish key information data such as Customer profiles & Market profiles
- Establish regular sales review meetings with GM/President and complete weekly update reports
- Work with manufacturing and sales personnel in other company-owned facilities to capitalize on mutual opportunities
The ideal candidate must:
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field preferred, must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and be able to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of melt-spun synthetic fiber engineering and manufacturing principles related to the manufacture of specialty synthetic staple and filament products and sales of such products
- Be recognized leader in the industry for advanced knowledge and experience in business and product development as related to manufacturing specialty synthetic staple and filament products
- Must function with essentially unlimited latitude for independent decision and action within the limits of Plant and Group policies and procedures
- A history of good working relationships with plant personnel and functions (Engineering, Maintenance, Research, Production, etc.)
- Experience with technical products preferably in Fiber/Polymer or downstream processing and technology
- Capable and willing to understand the customers technical issues and to translate them to product development team
- Energetic, Customer focused, but sales orientated
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate [Word /Excel/PP, NAV, etc.]
- Willing to travel 50%+ for business purposes and maintain a good attendance record
All candidates applying for any position with FIT must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America without the need for sponsorship now or in the future. FIT is unable to provide employment-related sponsorship.
FIT is an E-Verify, Drug Free Tennessee participant and an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
Resumes, including salary expectations may be submitted to email@example.com or mailed to:
Fiber Innovation Technologies
398 Innovation Drive, Johnson City, TN 37604
NO LATER THAN MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019